Saturday, March 13, 2010

How can I get a company to sell my unique painted ceramic items?

I paint ceramic figurines. They are very unique. How can I get a company to market these items. I have many orders from people who want to buy them and I have a hard time keeping up with all of the painting that I have to do. What can I do to keep up? I work a full time job in the day and stay up almost all night painting the ceramic figures. I have to start painting months before a certain holiday comes into order to have enough items. Does anyone have any advice for me. Maybe mass producing or something. Maybe a company will become interested and do the mass producing to save my fingers from breaking off because of so much painting.


Any advice is very much appreciated!How can I get a company to sell my unique painted ceramic items?
I have seen people go around to specialty shops and sell them there, most will do ';on consignment';. On Consignment works well as the shops are usually just making a living and not have a lot of money. By doing it this way they not out up front money and everyone, including you, gets paid when the items sell. Also, by doing it on consignment many are more willing to take your product as it not really hurt to try and sell. IF, they see they sell well they may start buying up front and placing a specific order.How can I get a company to sell my unique painted ceramic items?
The first question is do you want to have them mass produced or keep your items limited by painting them yourself, which could lead to a higher sale price and higher profits. If you already have orders, then you may be better off with a company like RGIS which do inventory control. Try www.maketing.org which handles business to business contacts.
some stores will sell on consignment.





my advice to you is up your prices so you will get the same amount coming in with less amount of work, if people like your items they will buy it, even with a higher price.





as you make more you can start advertising to people to help you paint them and





I think you really need to get into hiring out first and then start franchising.





the two sites below are really informative and I think if you look thru everything they have you can hit on the info you need.





I took particular interest in your question because I am starting up an e-commerce website to sell jewelry. I know I will need to hire someone as time goes by because my lifstyle just won't keep me a my workbench 24/7.





good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment