Saturday, March 13, 2010

How much would it cost to have my car custom painted?

I have a gold 1978 Chevy El Camino and I think it would be really cool/unique to have it painted a dark purple color. It isn't a perfect show car, so it wouldn't have to be a super nice A+ job. I've never researched auto painting before, so I don't even have a ballpark figure on how much it would cost. Can anyone help me out?How much would it cost to have my car custom painted?
Depending on body work needed and if you need any paint stripped, it would start at between $ 1500.00 and $ 2500.00 for a decent ';street driver '; job, could go 5 to 10 thousand if you wanted graphics etc. Some high volume shops like Maaco start at around $ 800 with NO body work and minimal sanding and prep and not so good taping off. Could save money by doing the tear down and prep yourselfHow much would it cost to have my car custom painted?
拢200 from little garages..


but it could go 拢1500 - 拢10.000 for using a spray booth.


its best for you to go check out garages in your area that does it, prices will vary from where you are too.


search the yellowpages and ask around to find the best.





spray cans are like 5拢..or less..if your doing it yourself.
I'd say a couple hundred thousand.
ahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment