Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I just painted the trims in my new apartment... How long do I have to wait before removing the masking tape?

Remove the masking tape as soon as you're done painting. If you wait until the paint dries, then you will have to seperate the tape from the trim with a razor or sharp knife otherwise you'll pull the paint off the trim too.I just painted the trims in my new apartment... How long do I have to wait before removing the masking tape?
Trust me... I waited until the wall was dry and ended up peeling some paint off with the tape - this will happen because some areas are slightly thicker in paint application than others. don't matter if you used a brush or roller. If it is noticable that the paint is really thick - ie ready to run or drip, wait a bit longer. Otherwise....


Pull the tape off as soon as the paint loses the ';wet'; liquid appearance.I just painted the trims in my new apartment... How long do I have to wait before removing the masking tape?
As soon as the trim is painted, remove the tape. Hopefully you used a blue painter's tape with a 'low tack' otherwise your trim painting might lead to wall painting.
If you have applied the paint properly, it can be removed immediately. The longer is stays the more likely you are to have a problem with it pulling away from the surface at the edge of the tape.
remove the tape immediately after you're done painting. if you wait until the paint dries, you may pull of some of the paint you just applied - then you'll have to waste time doing touch-up work.
Till the paint is dry
Do it right now or the masking tape will be very hard to get off. Hope this helps.
If you pull it off too soon the paint will drip smudge and smear. Wait a few hours. No need to rush.
The same time as it says on the can for drying. The longer you wait the harder it is to do it neatly. Just a guess 2 hrs..

No comments:

Post a Comment