Saturday, March 13, 2010

How much does it cost to get my car and rims painted?

I have a 1996 Chevy Camaro. I wanted to paint it black with black rims but don't have a clue how much I can expect to spend.How much does it cost to get my car and rims painted?
A good quality paint job will cost about $3000 if you shop around BUT I would not recommend doing this for 2 reasons.





1, Black is poor resale value.


2. You will not gain any investment for it. ie. may as well burn the cash.





Better off to sell that car and buy one you want in black. Let someone else take the depreciation hit....if you want some black rims look below. good luckHow much does it cost to get my car and rims painted?
I would not recommend painting your whole car, especially if you are doing a different color. A quality paint and job would not be cheap. If you are painting the car with a new color, it will lower the value of the car when you try to sell it. If the car is black, and you want to paint it, you may not need to repaint the whole car, but polish certain panel, and maybe paint the rest. I would recommend going to a reputable auto body shop for an estimate.
I'm not too sure about how much it would cost to get the car painted but I know this. The better and more thorough the paint job, the more it's going to cost. Basically, the paint shops that you see advertising on tv for only $300 or so is basically just a spray job. Very limited taping and no sanding. The really professional jobs will cost up to $5,000 or more and then you have to take into account what type of paint you want. Not to mention certain colors will cost more to paint since it's harder to make it look nice.





I got my rims professionally powdercoated and it wasn't that bad. Under $400 for all 4 rims. But that varies on how big the rims are and I would imagine the type of paint and if you want a clear coat or not.
A high end paint job will be anywhere from $6000.00 and up and if this is a color change meaning to black from any other color it will be more to do it right, wheels probably about a couple hundred each.
if you dont want to spent to much money go to www.maaco.com they will paint your car for $300 ,but if yo want high quality job then you have look for body shop that has good reputation.
i don't think you have to worry about painting the car a different color lower values comes into play within the first 5-8 years because people think it was wrecked plan on paying1200-200 for a good paint job

No comments:

Post a Comment