Saturday, March 13, 2010

How to clean my boats hull. It is not painted. I got almost all of the algae off but there is still a lot?

of discoloration and a real dark waterline. I bought a gallon of the NuHull because I thought that would get it cleaned up, it helped but didn't do it a whole lot of justice. I used a gasoline powered pressure washer before and after using the NuHull. Any suggestions on what I can use to get the hull looking new again?How to clean my boats hull. It is not painted. I got almost all of the algae off but there is still a lot?
First, PLEASE don't use acid based cleaners. They are caustic, toxic, and environmentally damaging. Lets all do a little bit to help clean up this dirty world we have created.





Deep staining is usually caused by a combination of porosity of the gelcoat, and high levels of iron or tannin in the water. The most effective way of removing these stains is with a buffer and rubbing compound. A lot of work, but great results. After buffing and cleaning, apply a couple of coats of quality marine wax to help prevent a recurrence of the staining.


......................................…


Just did some checking Y-10 and FSR, as i have never heard of either. Y-10 is no longer available. FSR is $16 for 16 ounce container, so is very costly if you where to clean an entire bottom. Too bad, they both sounded like great products!How to clean my boats hull. It is not painted. I got almost all of the algae off but there is still a lot?
I've got your correct answer to this. To clean the brown and stained waterline and more. I live on a the Ohio river that leave's a boat hull looking horrible. I have been useing an product called Slimmy Grimmie comes in pint container makes 3 gallons, I use in a 1 gallon pump up sprayer enough for my 24ft boat. It cost around 20-24 dollars and you can get it a most marine shops or look it up online and order. It gets better, spay it on the hull and it will disappear on its own no scrubbing or scratching and it will leave your hull nice and shinny after you rinse it off. Its not good for metal surfaces. This product Works just that simple
I've used this stuff to remove some pretty bad grime. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when using. Just brush onto the hull and let sit for a few minutes, then hose off. Be sure NOT to let it dry on the hull.
Y- 10 or FSR made by Davis. I used to keep a jar in my tool-bag during haul-out. Got some big tips. Lots of very happy customers. Any good marine store. It is not caustic, like On/Off, west marine brand. Starts out as a blue jell, wipe on, don't let dry, hose and wipe off. Easy. No buffing. Biodegradable. Do put on new wax after. Have Fun!
On %26amp; Off Hull cleaner if this don't take it off nothing will but be careful the stuff is very caustic spilled some on the rug of my van and it ate the nap off of the rug

No comments:

Post a Comment