Thursday, March 11, 2010

About how much will it cost to have a spot painted on the door of my Jeep Wrangler?

I had some white scratches on my dark blue jeep and I bought some paint and gloss to fix it myself. However, when I put the gloss on it developed a bubbly texture and I desperately need a professional to fix it. Help!About how much will it cost to have a spot painted on the door of my Jeep Wrangler?
your just going to have to try several body shops for estimates.good luckAbout how much will it cost to have a spot painted on the door of my Jeep Wrangler?
I'm a professional autobody tech.Without looking at it,I suspect that it didn't really need to be painted.We usually try to remove clear coat scratches by water sanding them out with extremely fine sandpaper then polishing with rubbing compound to restore the gloss.If that is the case with yours,you can stop by a detail shop or even a body shop and ask them if they would try to ';wheel'; it out for you.Try more than one shop if need be because we try to make a big deal out of things to make more money [don't tell them I said so!].
go by a dealer and ask when their touch up guy will be there





he's a mobile guy and can do it for less than the dealer usually in the used car section
I recently had a deep scratch in my Wrangler's door fixed and it cost about $150. The scratch was about 3'; long, but when the dealership finished with it, I couldn't tell it was ever there.

No comments:

Post a Comment